March 13, 2018
March 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm – March 24, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
1 Georgian Drive
This 24 hour hackathon is going to be a great experience! The focus will be on blockchain and looking at coming up with solutions to blockchain related challenges. Beginners are welcome!
This event is proudly co-hosted by The Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre, The City of Barrie and The Block Hub – with support provided by community friends, partners, and BlockGeeks.
Why sign up?
There are so many reasons but here is a good summary –
· Participating in events like these look GREAT on a resume
· Available prizing of up to $5000 in cash!
· Networking with future potential employers, community partners, and influencers
· Learning a new skill set and ensuring that participants are future ready with what type of impacts that blockchain may cause
Coders, developers and business minded people. Expect to see students, alumni, youth and community members as part of your teams. Please feel free to invite your friends and contacts too!
This will be taking place downtown Barrie with the launch at the Five Points Theatre (transportation from the Barrie and Orillia campus provided)– festivities kick off at 5 pm. Saturday events take place on the Georgian College Barrie campus.
· Keynote speakers from the blockchain World
· Mentors from a variety of backgrounds including potential employers, community partners, blockgeeks, and financial gurus
· Technical workshops that will guide participants of all skill levels in coding blockchain and getting started
· Business workshops to instruct on pitch techniques
· Time, space and the technology required to build out solutions
· Facilitator from MaRS Discovery District
ree access to blockchain courses in an online learning platform– pre and post event through blockgeeks
· Free swag!
· Great food!
This event will be free to attend. Upon registration we are looking for a $25 deposit that you can make in cash in our office or via credit card on the registration page. This will be refunded to participants upon attendance.